Super Simple Signature Pear Salad
- ½ pound mixed salad greens
- 1 large USA Pear
- ½ cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
- 5 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
For salad: Combine the greens and crumbled blue cheese in a bowl. Toss with enough dressing to lightly coat the leaves; you may not need all of it. Taste and adjust seasoning. Cut the pear into thin slices and nestle them among the greens. Sprinkle the toasted hazelnuts on top.
For dressing: In a small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar. Season with salt.
To toast hazelnuts: Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Toast hazelnuts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet until lightly browned and fragrant, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool and then chop coarsely.
- Serving Size: 3 Cups (279g)
- Calories: 610
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Dietary Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 10g