Turkey Burger and Pear Sliders
- For Turkey Burgers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 small slider roll/buns
- 1-2 Bartlett or Anjou pears sliced (or planked)
- 3/4 cup Chèvre goat cheese (or creamy goat cheese of your choice)
- Arugula lettuce
To make Turkey Burgers
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Shape into 12 patties (to fit the buns you selected)
- Pan-fry, broil, or grill until turkey burgers lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
To make Pear Slices
- Cut pears into 1/4-inch slices (or use a pear-planker) and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
- Grill or broil pear slices until brown in spots, about 2 minutes per side
Separate 12 small slider rolls. Spread bottom half with 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite creamy goat cheese (we used Chèvre). Put cooked turkey burger and a pear slice on top of goat cheese and top with fresh arugula leaves and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 Sliders
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 23g