TAZO Spicy Ginger-Poached Pears
- 1 ¼ quarts (5 cups) water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger
- 5 filterbags Tazo Organic Spicy Ginger Herbal Infusion
- 2 star anise
- ¼ fresh lemon
- 4 pears (2 pounds), peeled, cored
Mix water, sugar, and ginger in medium saucepan. Add filterbags, star anise, and lemon. Bring to boil on medium-low heat. Add pears; partially cover. Simmer 45 to 50 minutes or until pears are tender.
Remove pears from liquid; place in 4 dessert dishes. Bring liquid to boil; cook 30 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 ½ cups. Remove and discard filterbags, star anise and lemon.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons sauce over each pear. Refrigerate remaining sauce for another use.
To make it more delicate and fruity substitute Tazo Passion Herbal Infusion filterbags.
- Serving Size: 1 Pear (180g)
- Calories: 120
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 1g