Matzo Crisp with Pears and Pistachios
- 4 red D’Anjou pears, peeled, cored and chut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼. cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- Softened butter, for greasing baking dish
- Ice cream, for serving
- ½ cup matzo meal
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pistachios + more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
For the filling, add cubed pears, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and lemon juice to a bowl and toss to combine.
Grease a medium sized baking dish with a small amount of butter and pour pear filling in.
For the topping, add matzo meal, softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to a bowl and use your fingers to work the butter in.
Scatter matzo streusel onto the pears along with the chopped pistachios and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the pears are tender.
Once done, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Serve with ice cream and garnish with chopped pistachios.