Sauteed Bosc Pears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 Bosc USA Pears, peeled, cored, and quartered
- Juice of ½ lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 ½ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt
- ½ cup chopped, toasted California walnuts
To prepare pears, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in spices and cook for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add pears and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon juice.
Serve with nonfat vanilla yogurt or frozen yogurt and top with walnuts.
- Serving Size: 1 Pear
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 5g