Pear and Cricket Tea Cakes
- 1 cup Confectioner’s sugar
- 1/3 cup Almond powder/flour
- 2 tbsp All purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Cricket powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Egg Whites
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 sml Pear, diced small
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
● Spray a mini muffin tin with pan spray, or use a silicone mold
● Whisk together all dry ingredients
● Whisk in half the egg whites
● In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, and then heat until the butter begins
to brown and smells nutty
● Pour butter over dry ingredients and whisk to combine
● Add remaining egg whites and whisk until the batter is completely incorporated.
● Pour batter into the prepared molds, filling about ¾ of the way
● Place a few bits of pear on top of the batter in the center of each mold
● Bake for 20 minutes or until the cakes have risen and are golden around the edges.
● Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, and then remove from molds
These can be served warm or at room temperature, dusted with confectioner’s sugar if desired.
These cakes also freeze well. Yields 20 cakes of mini muffin size.
- Serving Size: 2 Tea Cakes (37g)
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g