Pear and Gouda Cheese Ball with Cranberries and Pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups finely shredded aged Gouda cheese (about 6 ounces), at room temperature
- 1 ripe USA Anjou pear, peeled, cored (reserving the stem), and finely diced
- 1 green onion, white and light green parts only, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons minced dried cranberries
- Crostini or crackers, for serving
In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, Gouda, pear, green onion, 1 tablespoon of the parsley, the salt, and pepper until well combined.
Coat a large piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray. Transfer the cheese mixture to the center of the plastic wrap and press and mold it into an oval disk. Tightly wrap and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the pecans, and cranberries; set aside.
Remove the cheese disk from the refrigerator, unwrap it, and place it in the center of a serving platter. Use another piece of plastic wrap and your hands to mold the cheese mixture into the shape of a pear. Sprinkle with the pecan mixture to coat the top and sides evenly. Wipe the edges of the platter clean with a damp paper towel. Place the reserved pear stem in the top, and serve with crostini or crackers arranged around the edges of the platter.
- Serving Size: 3 oz
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 9g