Pear Slices with Goat Cheese, Pistachios, and Pink Peppercorn
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, softened at room temperature
- 3 to 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons ground pink peppercorns, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Fruit Fresh® Produce Protector
- 2 ripe Green Bartlett USA Pears
With an electric mixer or a sturdy fork, mix the goat cheese with enough cream to get a smooth spread. Mix in about half of the pistachios, the chives, ground pink peppercorns, orange zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until served, up to 3 days.
Just before serving, mix the Fruit Fresh with 3 tablespoons water. Halve the pears, scoop out the core, trim the stems and cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Brush or toss the slices with the Fruit Fresh mixture.
Arrange the pear slices on a serving platter and put a dollop of the goat cheese mixture on the wide end of each. Sprinkle with more of the pistachios and ground pink peppercorn. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 3 Slices (57g)
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g