Pear Chicken Curry
- 2 ripe USA Pears, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 chicken breasts (1 ½ pounds), halved, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- ⅓ cup raisins
Peel and core 1 pear; puree and set aside.
Heat oil in large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, curry powder, garlic, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and pepper and sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are transparent.
Add chicken, and continue to sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add pureed pear, coconut milk, and raisins. Simmer for 5 minutes. Core and cut remaining pear into ½-inch cubes and add to curry. Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.
- Serving Size: 12 Bowl
- Calories: 360 (46% Calories from Fat)
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 26g