Pancetta Pear Pizza with Honeycomb and Thyme
- 8 ounces chopped pancetta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cornmeal, Maseca or flour to dust peel
- 1 lb. pizza dough, homemade or store bought
- 1 cup freshly grated Fontina Cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Anjou pear, thinly sliced, seeds removed
- Hot chili oil
- Fresh thyme leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons honeycomb, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 500 degrees with a pizza stone inside.
Cook the pancetta in a medium sized skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in the heavy cream and chili paste and continue cooking until liquid is reduced by half.
Spread a handful of the cornmeal or maseca on a pizza peel. Using your hands, gently press, spread and stretch the dough into a 12 to 14-inch circle.
Spread the pancetta mixture evenly over the dough then top with the cheeses. Arrange pear slices on top of the cheese. Pour a generous drizzle of the chili oil (about 1 tablespoon) over the pizza.
Carefully slide the pizza from the peel onto the hot pizza stone and bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating with the peel once or twice for even browning and to prevent sticking.
Remove pizza from the oven and scatter fresh thyme and bits of honeycomb over the top before slicing into wedges to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (146g)
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 15g