Grilled Pear and Yogurt Parfaits with Pecan Cardamom Spiced Granola
These grilled pear and yogurt parfaits make for a pretty breakfast and brunch menu item. Homemade cardamom spiced granola layered in for extra deliciousness. They can also be gluten-free and vegan friendly using your choice of yogurt. Recipe by Fit Mitten Kitchen.
- YOGURT PARFAITS
- 2 medium bosc or green Anjou pears
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 24 ounces yogurt
- 1/3 cup granola
- 4 (8 ounce) glass jars
- PECAN CARDAMOM SPICED GRANOLA
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup olive oil, avocado oil or melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
PECAN CARDAMOM SPICED GRANOLA
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat; set aside. In a large bowl stir together rolled oats, nuts, seeds, spices and chia seeds. Pour in oil, maple syrup and vanilla; stir until dry ingredients are well coated – use hands at the end if needed.
- Transfer mixture to lined pan and press flat. Bake for 15 minutes then check the granola and either stir if you want less chunks or flip to keep some chunks. Continue baking another 5-8 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow granola to cool completely (about 45 minutes to 1 hour) before stirring and removing from pan – the granola gets crunchier as it cools.
- To cook the pears, use a grill pan, cast iron skillet or outdoor grill. Cut the pears in half and remove the seeds; lightly coat in oil and first grill cut side down for about 3-4 minutes. Then flip the pears and cook for another 2 minutes, or until just slightly softened but not mushy. Allow pears to cool before dicing into small chunks, about ½ inch.
- Add about 2 tablespoon cooled granola into bottom of 8 oz jar. Add in about 3 tablespoons of yogurt, a layer of diced pears and more granola. Repeat this process until jars are filled.