Fall Away – A Perfect Whiskey Sour
Celebrate all things fall with this pear whiskey sour featuring a honey ginger simple syrup, rye whiskey, pear brandy and lemon juice. Some cinnamon and black walnut bitters round out the flavors for the season with a gorgeous pear garnish. Recipe created by Heather Wibbels (www.cocktailcontessa.com).
• 1.5 oz rye whiskey (I used New Riff Rye)
• 0.5 oz pear brandy (I used Belle de Brillet)
• 0.5 oz fall triple simple syrup (click here for recipe)
• 0.75 oz lemon juice
• 16 drops smoked cinnamon bitters
• 2 dashes black walnut bitters
• 1 egg white
• Garnish: brûléed pear slice
1. Combine rye, pear brandy, fall triple simple syrup, lemon juice, egg white and bitters in a shaking tin. Add ice and shake for 10 to 15 seconds. Double strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a brûléed pear slice.
Recipe created and shared by Heather Wibbels (Cocktail Contessa)
Review This Recipe