Autumn Concorde Pear Salad
- ¼ cup moscato vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1-½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ shallot, finely minced
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Concorde USA Pears, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
- ½ small celery root, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 head endive, halved, then cut in ¼-inch thick slices on bias
- 1 cup watercress
- ¼ cup blue cheese
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Whisk the vinegar, mustard and shallot together. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
Gently toss the sliced celery root and fennel with the endive. Add the sliced pears and watercress and gently toss again, to evenly distribute the ingredients. Crumble the blue cheese over the top, add the walnuts and ¼ cup of vinaigrette and toss gently to coat all of the ingredients.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, divide between 6–8 plates and serve immediately.
yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- Serving Size: 2 Cups (151g)
- Calories: 340
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g