Alaskan King Crab with Pear Tabbouleh Salad
- 2 to 3 pounds Alaskan king crab, shelled and cut in 2-inch pieces
- Pear Tabbouleh
- ⅓ cup fine bulgur wheat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 4 cups Italian parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup tomatoes cut in ¼-inch dice
- 2 scallions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 Forelle pears, cored and cut in ¼-inch dice
- ¼ cup mint, torn in small pieces by hand
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Forelle pear, thinly sliced
For the tabbouleh, rinse the bulgur wheat under cold water and drain well. Place bulgur in a bowl and toss with olive oil, and then add boiling water. Cover bowl tightly with plastic and let stand 15 minutes. Drain in a sieve, pressing on bulgur to remove excess liquid.
Transfer slightly cooled bulgur to a larger bowl and toss with parsley, tomatoes, scallions, pears, and mint. Mix well to distribute ingredients evenly and add lemon juice and olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, adding more of either or both as necessary. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
To serve, place pear tabbouleh in the middle of a plate. Arrange king crab pieces around the tabbouleh and garnish with several slices of Forelle pear. Drizzle lightly with olive oil before serving.
yield: Makes 4 servings
- Serving Size: 19 oz
- Calories: 440
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 56g