Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Pears Radicchio and Brown Butter
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 head radicchio, cored and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 ripe USA Pears, such as Green or Red Anjou, sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3 ounces (about 1 cup very loosely packed) shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Place the pasta water on to boil, adding 1 tablespoon of salt to the cooking water. Once the water boils, add the spaghetti and cook according to the package instructions. In the meantime, place the butter in a wide sauté pan over medium heat. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes or until the butter is beginning to brown lightly and become fragrant. Add the radicchio to the browned butter and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, just until wilted. Turn off the heat and add the sliced pears, gently stirring to combine.
When the pasta is done to your liking, drain it in a colander. Add the hot pasta to the sauté pan with the sauce and toss with tongs to combine. Transfer to a bowl or platter and garnish with the cheese and hazelnuts.
- Serving Size: 8 oz
- Calories: 440
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 15g