Warm Pear Pad Thai Salad
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon Thai red curry paste
Pear Pad Thai Salad
- 2 firm ripe USA pears, julienned (do not peel)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 ounces pad Thai noodles, rice ramen noodles or soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions including some of the bright green
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus additional for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
In a bowl, whisk all the Peanut Dressing ingredients together until well blended; set aside.
In another bowl, toss pears with lime juice; set aside.
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles.
In large bowl, toss noodles with sesame oil and ¼ cup of dressing.
Add pears, including the lime juice, bell peppers, carrot, scallions and cilantro; toss to combine.
Pour remaining dressing over salad; toss again.
Sprinkle with peanuts and sesame seeds. Garnish with cilantro. Serves 6.
- Serving Size: 1 Salad (230g)
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Dietary Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 12g