Vegan Spinach and Kale Pear Pizza
- Crust Dough
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1 tsp organic coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet active yeast
- 2 large Starkrimson or Bartlett pears, sliced thinly
- 1 package silken tofu
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup kale, chopped
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt & pepper
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Start by making the dough. Combine the water, sugar, oil and yeast together in a bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Add flour into water mixture and knead for 10 minutes until smooth. Cover with a wet cloth and let rise until double in size (about 1 hr).
4. To make the topping, heat a small pan over medium heat. Add oil and purple onion. When it becomes fragrant, add spinach and kale. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. In a blender, add in tofu, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add in cooked spinach and kale. Blend again until smooth.
6. When the dough is ready, roll dough out for 6-8 inches. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
7. Add tofu mixture to the pizza. Top with sliced pears and walnuts. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crust is golden in color. Remove from oven, let cool and slice. Top with basil and more walnuts if desired. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (155g)
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 7g