Spiced Poached Pear Cocktail with Rosemary
- For 2 cocktails:
- 4 oz vodka
- 1½ oz Lillet Blanc
- 2-3 oz pear syrup (depending on how sweet you like your drinks)
- 1½ oz lemon juice• 2 small sprigs rosemary
- For the Spiced Pear Syrup:
- 2 large or 3 small ripe Comice pears (or other sweet variety), chopped into 1 inch pieces (no need to peel)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise pod
- 1 three inch strip of lemon zest, peeled with a vegetable peeler
Make the syrup:
In a small saucepan combine water, wine, sugar, cinnamon, star anise and lemon zest. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then reduce to a simmer. Add the chopped pears and cook until pears are soft and the liquid becomes syrupy, about 30 minutes.
Remove from heat and strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean glass jar. Don’t press the pears or the syrup will become cloudy. Discard the solids and chill syrup until ready to use.
Make 2 cocktails:
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine vodka, Lillet, lemon juice and pear syrup. Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
Strain into 2 cocktail glasses. Twist the rosemary sprigs a few times to release the oils and garnish each glass.
Recipe and photography by Emily Clifton of Nerds with Knives.
- Serving Size: 4.5 oz
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 0g
Review This Recipe