Spiced Pear Chips
Whoever says chips are a “waste of calories” has not tried pear chips. Not only are they the perfect substitute for the crunchy classic, but they also add a nutritious boost to your health. These thin snacks are baked to perfection and can be eaten at any time of day – be it breakfast, snack, or dessert.
- 2 pears of choice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 170℉. Prepare two large baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Slice pears into thin disks, removing the core or seeds as you go. Note: utilize a mandoline if possible.
- Add the sliced USA Pears to a large mixing bowl. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and toss until the pears are evenly seasoned.
- Place the pears onto the baking sheets in a single layer and bake for 4-5 hours, or until dehydrated. Test for doneness around 4 hours by removing one piece from the oven. Allow it to cool. Once cooled, bend the chip. If it snaps, they are done, if it bends, give them more time.
- Once chips are crisp, remove them from the oven and allow to cool before enjoying.
Recipe by FarmboxRX.