15 Prep Time
20 Cook Time
Pintxos means small plates or appetizers in the Basque Spanish culture. Here you will find the sweetness of the Anjou pear compliments the spice of the chorizo delivered on a crusty baguette. Developed by Andrea Slonecker
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 25 (1/4-inch-thick) slices on a bias
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt
- 12 ounces Manchego cheese, cut into 25 triangular-shaped slices
- 2 Green Anjou pears, halved, cored, and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 Spanish-style cured chorizos (about 4.5 ounces each), such as Olympia Provisions’ Chorizo Rioja, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Arrange the baguette slices on two large rimmed baking sheets and drizzle generously with oil. Bake until lightly browned and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. Cool to room temperature.
- Top each toast with a slice of cheese, 1 or 2 slices of pear, and 2 slices of chorizo. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and serve.