Pear Pasta Salad
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound dried short pasta, such as fusilli, rotini, or farfalle
- 2 firm but ripe red USA pears, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced
- 8 ounces bocconcini (bite-size fresh mozzarella balls)
- 4 ounces sliced salami, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled red peppers
- 3 cups baby arugula
To make the dressing: In a blender, combine the olive oil, yogurt, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Stir in the oregano. The dressing will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
To assemble the salad: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool to room temperature; drain well.
Place the pasta, pears, cucumber, bocconcini, salami, and pickled peppers in a very large bowl. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat well. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. Toss in the arugula just before serving.
Recipe and Styling: Andrea Slonecker (@andreaslonecker)
Photography: George Barberis (@georgebarberis)
- Serving Size: 8 oz
- Calories: 420
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 15g
Review This Recipe