Pear and Pepper Jelly Blue Cheese Tart
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 ½ ounces garlic and herb flavored spreadable cheese, at room temperature
- 1 large ripe Red Anjou pear, thinly sliced
- 1 egg yolk beaten with a splash of water
- ¼ cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Place the Puff Pastry sheet onto a lightly floured board and lightly flatten with a rolling pin. Poke a few holes with a fork down the center of the pastry.
With an offset spatula, spread the garlic and herb cheese in the center of the dough leaving a ½ inch rim around the edges. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Remove from the refrigerator and arrange the pear slices in rows, slightly overlapping on top of the cheese. Brush the edges with the egg yolk and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and brush the pear slices with the pepper jelly. Sprinkle with the blue cheese crumbles and serve.
Makes 9 servings.
- Serving Size: 1 Tart (66g)
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g