Pear and Fish Mextlapique
- 1 3/4 cups (400g) fresh cod or any fatty fish (sole, tuna, etc.)
- 1 package corn leaves for tamale, soaked in warm water
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 cup (200g) red bell pepper (cut in thin julienne strips)
- 1 cup (200g) yellow bell pepper (cut in thin julienne strips)
- 1/2 cup (100g) green tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 large onion (cut in thin julienne strips)
- 1 Concorde pear (cut in thick slices)
- 1 Bosc pear (cut in thick slices)
- 4 hojas santas leaves (Piper auritum) (roasted, with no central nervation, cut in large pieces)
- 1 cup (200g) red cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- Olive oil
Cut the fish in large strips of the size of a tamale.
Lay out two tamale leaves and place the fish strips right in the middle. Season with salt and pepper and add the rest of the ingredients, covering the fish strips. Close the leaves and tie them around by using a thin strip of tamal leave as a ribbon.
Bake them in the oven at 300ºC for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 Tamale
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 20g