Christmas Pear and Kale Salad
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups torn kale leaves
- ¼ cup baby arugula
- 2 USA Pears, sliced
- ¼ cup honey glazed sliced almonds (or nuts of your choice)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- Shards of manchego cheese
Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a screw top lid; shake to blend.
Place kale in a large bowl. Drizzle kale with a tablespoon or two of dressing. Massage kale with your hands for 1 to 2 minutes or until it becomes tender and a deeper green in color.
Pour remaining dressing into a small serving bowl and place in center of a large round serving plate. Arrange kale around the bowl on the plate forming a wreath.
Top with arugula, sliced pears, almonds, pomegranate seeds and cheese.
Spoon dressing over salad just before serving.
Serves 4 to 6 as a side dish.
- Serving Size: 1 Salad (181g)
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 6g