Caramelized Pear and Chocolate Pizza
This recipe is courtesy of FoodChannel.com. Pizza for dessert? Hey, it’s a pie, right? This one is layered with sweet caramelized pears and rich, dark chocolate. It’s a happy ending for any meal.
- 2 small Red Bartlett USA Pears, cored and sliced thickly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 12-inch prepared pizza crust, warm
- 1 double wedge cream cheese, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Melt butter in sauté pan; add sugar and pear slices. Sauté over medium-low heat until pears are golden and caramelized.
Combine heavy cream and chocolate in top of double boiler over simmering water and cook until chocolate is smooth and melted; whisking occasionally. Keep warm.
Slice warm pizza crust into 8 pieces.
To assemble each dessert pizza; arrange one slice pizza crust on plate. Top with two cheese slices, one pear slice, another slice of pizza crust, two cheese slices, and one pear slice. Drizzle warm chocolate sauce over top. Repeat with remaining dessert pizzas.
- Serving Size: 2 Slices (230g)
- Calories: 680
- Carbohydrate: 69g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 10g
Review This Recipe