Almond Pear Cardamom Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup agave nectar or honey
- ¼ cup almond milk (or water)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1½ cups blanched, finely ground almond meal
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
- 3 medium pears, peeled, cored and cut into ⅛–¼ inch dice
In a blender combine all ingredients except the pears. Process on high speed until smooth and fully combined, about 1–2 minutes. Pour batter into a mixing bowl and fold in the diced pears.
Heat a griddle or skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with gluten-free non-stick cooking spray. Ladle in about 2 tablespoons per pancake. Cook until the tops form small bubbles and the edges start to look dry, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until the bottom is browned and the pancake feels firm, about 1 more minute. Transfer cooked pancakes to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve with a good quality non-dairy spread such as Earth Balance (or butter, if dairy is not an issue) and maple syrup if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 Pancake (66g)
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g