Pear Peel Cinnamon Sugar
Use this delicious pear flavored sugar for a topping on your favorite desserts or baked goods!
- Pear skins
- Sugar (equal amount in weight to the pear skins)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Weight out your pear peels and measure out the same amount of sugar. Set the sugar aside.
- Spread out your pear peels on a parchment lined baking sheet and make sure they are not overlapping.
- Bake the peels until they are dry (4 medium pears worth of peels is about 1 to 2 hours).
- Remove the peels from the oven and leave them on a cooling rack overnight to cool and make sure they are completely dry.
- Use a small food processor or spice grinder to grind the dry peels and sugar together. Add cinnamon to taste.
Review This Recipe