Pear and Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices whole wheat or rye sandwich bread
- 4 to 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 4 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 Bartlett USA Pear, halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
Generously butter one side of each slice of bread. Thinly spread mustard on the other sides. Layer cheese slices on the mustard side of the bread slices and place pear slices in between.
Grill in a nonstick pan over medium high heat until toasted on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn and grill the other side until golden brown and cheese in between slices of bread is melted.
- Serving Size: 1 Sandwich
- Calories: 520
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 21g