Pear and Celery Salad
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about one lemon)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch of celery, including inner stems and leaves, sliced thinly on a diagonal
- 2 USA Pears, such as Red Anjou or Starkrimson, quartered, cored, and thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup Marcona almonds, roughly chopped
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
For the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake vigorously until well combined. Set aside until ready to use.
For the salad: In a large bowl, combine the sliced celery and pears with half of the chopped almonds and blue cheese. Add approximately half of the dressing and toss gently to combine. Taste the salad, adding more dressing if desired. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or platter and sprinkle with the remaining blue cheese and almonds.
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g