Filled Comice Halves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 firm, ripe Comice USA Pears
- 4 ounces soft cream cheese
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup finely ground or diced nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, or pecans)
- Fresh cheeses, an assortment of Brie, blue, Camembert, Gouda, Gorgonzola, Cheddar, etc.
Halve and core pears. Brush surface lightly with diluted lemon juice to slow browning. Combine cream cheese and blue cheese until well mixed. Form into 1-inch balls and roll in chopped nuts. Place cheese ball into center cavity of each Comice half. Serve with additional cheese selection.
- Serving Size: 1 Half Pear (125)
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 5g