Blueberry and Pear Waldorf Salad
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries, divided
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (about 4 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1-½-inch matchsticks (about 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup pecan or walnut halves, toasted
To prepare dressing: In a blender container, combine ½ cup of the blueberries, oil, marmalade, lemon juice, mustard and salt; blend until a smooth, thick dressing forms.
In a bowl, toss spinach with pear slices, celery, pecans and remaining ½ cup blueberries. Arrange equally on four serving plates.
Just before serving, blend dressing again until smooth; drizzle over the salads. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 336g
- Calories: 530
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Dietary Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 4g