Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza
This is a flavor combination your palate will love! Recipe Developed by Carolyn Williams, RD
- 1 pre-made whole wheat pizza dough
- ⅛ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon flaky salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- ½ cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- ⅛ cup walnuts, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a lightly flour surface, roll out the pizza dough, adding additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Place dough on a lightly oiled pan (I use: Non-Stick Pizza Pan). Spread olive oil evenly across the dough. Sprinkle flaky salt and garlic powder on the dough, making sure to season the crust.
- Distribute about half of the gorgonzola cheese on the dough. Lay sliced pears on the pizza dough and sprinkle with remaining gorgonzola cheese and walnuts.
- Cook the pizza for about 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden. Season with a few cracks of black pepper and serve.
Recipe Developed by Carolyn Williams, RD (carolynwilliamsrd.com)
- Serving Size: 1 Slice (103g)
- Calories: 240
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8g
Review This Recipe