Anjou Pear and Red Potato Gratin
- 2 pounds Anjou USA Pears, cored
- 2 pounds Northwest-grown red potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
- ½ cup Rogue Creamery Oregonzola or Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
Thinly slice pears into rings using a mandoline or knife. Slice potatoes to the same thickness as pears.
In a saucepan, mix seasonings together with cream and carefully bring to a brief boil.
Layer a third of the potato and pear slices in the bottom of a 10 x 2 round baking dish, alternating pears and potatoes. Sprinkle ⅓ of the Gruyere and Oregonzola on potatoes and pears. Repeat layers until complete. Pour cream sauce atop.
Cover baking dish with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tender. Remove foil and bake until golden brown and bubbly. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 9 oz
- Calories: 490
- Carbohydrate: 39g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 12g