Pear Bureau Northwest
Online Consumer Privacy Disclosure Policy
Information shared with the Pear Bureau Northwest and its agencies is not used in ways other than that which are clearly intended when the information is shared. Personally identifiable information, including addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers, are not published, sold, rented or otherwise distributed.
Individuals who contact the Pear Bureau Northwest for business or non-consumer related purposes, or who are requesting specific information that is related but not directly within the purview of the Pear Bureau Northwest, may have their message forwarded to an appropriate organization, such as those within the industry, research, government or education system, who can assist them. Such transfers are rare, done on an individual basis, and done in the best interest of serving users at the Northwest Pear Pages.
THE PEAR BUREAU NORTHWEST DOES NOT ACCUMULATE PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISTRIBUTION TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER.
Persons who contact the Pear Bureau Northwest, or enter any online contests, may have their first name, city and state of residence, age, and other non-personally identifiable information, photography or artwork published in the Northwest Pear Pages, and/or used for any other promotional or advertising uses including uses beyond those related to the Internet. The Pear Bureau Northwest DOES NOT publish last names, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, or personally identifying photography without prior approval from the person whose personal information is to be published, and only if that person is 18 years of age or older, or permission is received from a parent or guardian.
Persons under 18 years of age should obtain parental approval before contacting anyone on the Internet.
Individuals who would like to be included on any Northwest Pear e-mail list must sign themselves up for that list and may unsubscribe at any time. Information collected through e-mail list subscription is used for no other purpose than to facilitate the delivery of the specific Northwest Pear newsletter the user has subscribed to. The Pear Bureau Northwest does not operate newsletters for children.
SMS (Text Messaging) TERMS AND CONDITIONS
USA Pears SMS Info and Alerts: The shortcode 33733 is used by USA Pears for their text message campaign. You may opt in by texting the keyword PEARS to 33733. Contact us at 800-547-4610. Up to 3 msg/month. Message & Data rates may apply. You may opt out at any time by texting STOP. For additional information, text HELP to short code 33733. Supported carriers are AT&T, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Virgin Mobile, Cricket, Boost, Nextel and T-Mobile.
The Pear Bureau Northwest operates contests on its websites for the purpose of offering guests an interactive and/or learning experience with an opportunity to win prizes. The Pear Bureau Northwest does not maintain an archive of information obtained in contests, and does NOT use such information in ways other than to facilitate the operation of the specific contest.
- Identifiable information obtained through contest entries is limited only to that which is necessary for validating contest eligibility, contacting winners, and to facilitate the delivery of prizes. Information obtained through contests will not be used by the Pear Bureau Northwest for any other purpose, nor will such information be transferred to any other organization or individual for any purpose.
- When submitting a contest entry, users may also have the option of signing up for a Northwest Pear periodic e-mail newsletter. Subscription is not required to enter or win any contest. Subscription to the newsletter can be canceled at any time by the user.
- Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to participate in online contests without a statement of approval by a parent or guardian.
- Children under the age of 18 who win a prize in a contest, will have their prize delivered in their name, to the care of their parent or guardian who gave approval for the contest entry.
- Parents may exclude their children from participating in online contests.
- The Pear Bureau Northwest has established reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of users who submit information in our websites. However, the Pear Bureau Northwest assumes no liability for theft or other circumstances leading to the loss of confidentiality of information. Users should assume reasonable caution when using the Internet.
- Only employees and agencies responsible for the operation of the Northwest Pear Pages, online contests, distribution of prizes, and response to messages have access to information submitted through Northwest Pear websites, and only for the purpose of administering their tasks.
PEAR BUREAU NORTHWEST
On-Line Consumer Privacy
4382 SE International Way, STE A
Milwaukie, OR 97222