The winners of our annual recipe contest in Hong Kong were recently announced. We received over 60 food and drink recipes competing for supermarket gift cards to help the winners buy – what else – more USA Pears (but other groceries, too). The entries were judged by a popular magazine in Hong Kong based on the recipe’s creativity, tastiness and nutritional value.
One of the winning recipes below sounds delicious – but also quite interesting. And with a name like this, I’m only sorry that I didn’t have it in time to make for Valentine’s Day. It’s easy to make – give it a try at home and let us know how it turns out! I’m interested to hear about the milk/cream/sugar concoction and what flavor it adds to the recipe. You can tell everyone that you’ve prepared an authentic recipe from Hong Kong!
Winning dish: Love Infusion with Anjou Pear (Caramel Chocolate Anjou pear)
Winner: Leung Choi Hung
1 Green Anjou USA Pear
10 squares of a chocolate bar
1/4 cup crunchy rice cereal
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup cream
1. Boil milk with cream and sugar. Place pear into this mixture and keep refrigerated for 2 hours.
2. Heat the chocolate until completely melted. Place the cereal on a plate or flat surface.
3. Remove the pear from the fridge; coat with melted chocolate.
4. Roll the chocolate-covered pear in the cereal until coated.
5. Wait for chocolate to become firm; serve and enjoy!